Dress form, dress form, how I love thee....

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Pats day everyone! I hope you're all having a great week so far and you remembered to wear green today (unlike me...but thankfully nobody noticed & I didn't get pinched!) I spent the better part of my day today preparing for the Timeless Treasures Anniversary crop happening this weekend (Friday-Saturday, 3/19-3/20))...if you're in Orange County, come join us for 24 hours of croppin' fun!! There's still some room left and you won't be dissapointed. We have lots of prizes, drawings, contests, food, and sales specials throughout the event. For more information and to sign up, call the store at 949-888-7151. I'm so greatful to be part of such a wonderful family at Timeless Treasures. Today is the store's 13th anniversary! It's such a wonderful testament that Nancy (store owner) has been able to keep her doors open for the last 13 yrs, even in the current economy and I'm just humbled by all the wonderful customers and employees I get to work with!

Because it's our anniversary month at the store, I have been spending a lot more time in there lately. Last week, I worked on this project which is currently displayed in the front of the store:


We found an amazing deal on this dress form at Pier 1 Imports. I got the inspiration from CHA this year. Dress forms seem to be in vogue at the moment and I just adore them. I tried to convince my hubby that we needed {a full-sized} one on display in our bedroom. He didn't agree. *darn*  I settled for a table top one on my dresser in the master bathroom instead (take that, hubby!) Anyhooo - I made the skirt and flowers using paper from Webster's Pages. Yellow is such a happy color and I love how this turned out. I think the paper flowers are my favorite part of the whole thing.

I also managed to do a 2 page layout last night, which I will share sometime in the next couple of days or so. I think I may have broken a personal record in creating it! It was completed in less than 2 hours which for me, is completely unheard of! Typical of my {personal} creative process, I usually need a day or so away from anything that I am working on. Sometimes when I stare at something for awhile, I become unhappy with it. For the most part, all I need is a "fresh eye" which is only accomplished by putting the project aside and coming back to it later. But for some reason, this particular layout came together easily. 

As always, thank you for visiting today! Big, big, hugs and smooches to all!

Karen

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE the display! It reminds me of clothing from Anthropologie. AWESOME JOB! =)

    Happy 13th Anniversary Timeless Treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs