My FIRST official Blog!! Whoo hooo!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Well...here it is! After years of  refusal and (quite frankly) resistance, I have surrendered over to the world of blogging :) But I figured if I wanted to continue sharing my love of scrapbooking and all things paper related, I would have to one day concede with grace and just give in. That day has arrived! Not to mention, this truly is the easiest platform for me to share my creations with friends and family outside of the Orange County, CA area (where pretty much 98% of my friends and famly aren't!)

Since this blog is truly dedicated to my personal hobby of scrapbooking and cardmaking, I wanted to be able to include photos on my first post. The next several posts will include layouts that I've completed all within the last month or so. As previously stated, I'm quite behind on scrappin' my photos (imagine that? A scrapbooker who's behind?!) At any rate, the subject of my creations are almost often of my soon to be 4 yr old daughter, Alison. And the photos in the layouts...well....let's just say she was a lot younger!

I apologize for how dark the photo came out. I took it with my iPhone camera as I continue to have a love/hate relationship with my point and shoot...One of these days, I hope sometime soon, I will be rid of that thing altogether in hopes to replace it with one of those fabulous Digital SLRs...I swear I must be the only scrapbooker left in this world who still takes pictures with a point and shoot. *sigh*



I just adore the latest release from My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary (Jack & Jill line). They are without a doubt, one of my favorite manufacturers. Never am I dissapointed with any of their releases! The photo is of my daughter taken at a shoot when she was 5 months old. I originally scrapbooked these pictures using an older My Mind's Eye collection but I was truly unhappy with the layouts and decided to re-do all the pictures from this photo shoot...I very rarely ever re-do my layouts but it really was begging to be redone! To my fellow scrapbookers out there, isn't it funny how our styles evolve over time?! Sometimes I just cringe at my past creations and think, "what on earth was I EVER thinking?" LOL! Anyhow....here's a close up of the cluster of title and embellishments I used on the layout:

I added the bird's wings on these layouts and attached them with buttons (using pop dot adhesives) cause they looked a little "naked" to me...I thought it added a nice little touch and they seem much happier on the page as a result :)

I have quite a few layouts to share with you over the next week or so, so stay posted as there are more to come....Thanks for visiting today! If any of you have suggestions on how to take better pictures with my point and shoot, please -- I'm ALL EARS! I need all the help I can get :)

Hugs to all,

Karen

5 comments :

  1. Woohoo!!! I will be your first comment! (I love being first, LOL) Congrats, so happy to see you up and running! Cannot wait to see your beautiful pages!!! Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Karen!!! So, when are you going to head a scrap-group and teach us all how to be a maestro like you??! Can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Welcome to blogging, it's addicting. Your layout is amazing, the super bird is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the upgrade on the birds! SUPER CUTE. The papers you used are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your LO's are so cute! TFS! I'm a new follower! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs