Twin Day Layout & Handmade Embellishments

Thursday, May 5, 2016


Hello friends, 

I’m back with another layout of my little one…this time of her with her friends during “Twin Day” at school. These pictures were taken back in 2012 and I continue to be amazed at how much she has grown. 

I used a mix of Crate Paper’s “Oh Darling” and “Little Bo Peep” collections on this 2 page layout. I find myself going through phases in my scrapbooking where I tend to favor certain SB Manufacturers and lately I’ve been totally digging anything and everything Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes. These lines were no exception. 

Here’s a snapshot of the layout:


Close up of one of the embellishment clusters using mixtures of the paper cut parts (for the tag), ephemera, older flower pins, Studio Calico wood veneer, chipboard pieces from a friendship themed collection from Me and My Big Ideas, as well as some enamel dots from Echo Park Paper


There were a total of 7 different embellishment clusters throughout this layout where I continued to utilize the same items throughout to tie it all in together. 


When I was done with my layout as is the case for so many of us scrapbookers, I was left with tons of paper scraps. I also still had some full 12x12 sheets and cut aparts after completing this project which gives me enough to do another 2-4 layouts. Knowing I couldn’t easily find additional manufacturer embellishments to go with the collections since they’re a bit on the older side (nor did I necessarily want to spend more money anyhow) I dug deep and came up with the results below.  

I’ve always loved all the layered embellishments Crate Paper and Dear Lizzy make and I knew one day I’d have to try and make my own using up leftover scraps. Here’s my attempt at it: 


I’m super thrilled at how they turned out! Not only were they easy to make, but I used up a lot of the scraps and bonus — now I have more matching embellishments for upcoming projects when I need to finish using up these collections! It’s a win-win-win! 

I made flags and tickets for the base for most of the layering of these embellishments. I also threw in a few homemade flair in here. In addition, I layered using various punches in my stash (yet another great way to “use my stash”). I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I can maximize what I have on hand - I’m sure my husband appreciates it as well since it means I’m not buying more supplies (you’re welcome, babe! :)) 

I hope you’ve enjoyed and thanks so much for stoping by. Hope you’re all enjoying your week leading up to Mother’s Day :) 

Hugs,
Karen






No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs