My Forever & Always Valentine Layout

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hello friends,

I’ve been busy in my scrapbook room lately continuing to catch up on some layouts, cards, and other projects. There’s honestly so much to get through, but I'm definitely not complaining! I’m having so much fun crafting again with some regularity. When I was still working full time, I was lucky to sit in my room once a month, let alone on a weekly basis as I have been.

I do have quite a few projects to share with you over the next few days but wanted to start off by sharing a Valentine’s Day layout of my hubby and I. We took advantage of the time alone we had together while our daughter was off attending one of her friend’s birthday parties. We ended up on a lunch date at one of our favorite restaurants where this photo was captured.



I used an older line from Pink Paislee called Pen Pals. Although this line has a lot of focus on it’s namesake, I loved how it also incorporates the hearts, reds, and pinks which could be repurposed for a love themed layout as I’ve done here. I found the paper pack from my local Michael’s store when they were having one of their awesome paper pack sales and I also lucked out and found the matching chipboard stickers at my Hobby Lobby on clearance. 


Here’s a close up of some of the embellishment clusters:



I’ve used a lot of punches on this particular layout. I’ve been inspired lately by some of theYouTube videos that challenge you to “Use your Stash”. Sadly I haven’t been reaching for punches as often as I should. I invest so much money on my tools that I feel like I really need to almost force myself to use at least one on each layout or project that I work on. I’m happy to say that for these next few projects I share, that has certainly been the case! I’m also happy to report that I continue to use up some of the supplies during my recent haul at the Scrapbook Expo. This most definitely is progress for me, my friends! 

Thank you for stopping by today everyone. I hope you’re all doing well! 

Hugs,
Karen



No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs