Today is a Gift Layout

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hello everyone!

I worked on this layout in an attempt to continue trying to catch up with my scrapbooking. I love this picture of my daughter and I taken over the summer about 2.5 yrs ago. We spent a family day at Newport Beach/Balboa Island, California and decided to go on the harbor cruise where the picture was taken. I do apologize in advance for the glare of the photo.



I actually attended the Scrapbook Expo in Anaheim this past Thursday with my sister where we ended up hauling quite a bit of product including the ones I used in this particular layout. (**Haul post to follow in the next few days) I’ve always been a big fan of My Mind’s Eye and found this collection at massive blow out prices from one of my most favorite booths to visit at the Expo: Scrap That! In addition to the papers in the line I was able to pick up, I was also able to find the 12x12 chipboard sheet as well as other coordinating embellishments.

I am a big fan of layering and use of lots of embellishments on my pages. Additionally, it’s a bit unusual to scrapbook only one photo on a layout as I did here. I generally scrapbook no less than 3 photos in any given layout but I’m vowing to try and stretch myself this year and it was pretty refreshing to let go of my own “personal rules”. After all, the art of scrapbooking is very subjective and I fully embrace the concept of creative freedom. I’m sure there will be days when I go back to my comfort zone and times when I’ll step out. Either way, I was very pleased with how the layout turned out.



I did reach into my stash for some of the other embellishments including the tags and acetate leaves and wreath…those actually came from the Confetti line by Maggie Holmes and that adorable camera paper clip? Well, that was courtesy of my lovely sister Kim. I tried going back to Hobby Lobby to pick up some more of those paper clips where she bought them because I just couldn’t resist. Sadly however, my local HL ran out when I went back for more. 

I had picked up some of the new Dylusions ink sprays from JoAnn’s when they went on sale and luckily, the Vibrant Turquoise just happened to match this layout and I knew I wanted to use it. So far, I’m liking those inks and will definitely be picking up more colors in the future. 

Anyhow, thank you for stopping by friends! I hope you all have a beautiful week and as mentioned, I’ll be back soon with a post on my haul from the 2016 Scrapbook Expo - Anaheim. 

Hugs,
Karen




No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs