Sweet birthday shaker card

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Hello everyone!

I have another challenge that I’m entering and this time it’s the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: We Can See Clearly (Monday Challenge) The idea is to use acetate, vellum, or anything else we can think of that’s transparent in our project

I recently stumbled upon these weekly Monday challenges and I’m really loving how you can apply them to any project you’d like - be it a card, scrapbook layout, mixed media, altered art or any other medium you can think of. I can see myself not only joining these challenges frequently but also to gain some inspiration when I’ve hit a wall on which technique/theme I want to use or try.

To be honest, I also used this same card on the Lawnscaping Challenge recently and have already posted it to my Instagram Account. The theme for that one was “Sweets”. It’s a happy coincidence that I happened to utilized both challenge themes in one card! So I thought, “what the heck, why not enter it again?”



I decided to keep the colors soft on this card and incorporated pinks and blues. I also had some fun using an ink resist technique for the stamped greeting — although this technique is not new to me, I forget sometimes how much versatility there is in stamping and every now and then I get giddy “rediscovering” techniques that I’ve either a)forgotten about or b)haven’t utilized in a long time. 

I knew I wanted to make this into a shaker card because seriously, who doesn’t love a shaker card paired with images like these from Lawn Fawn? They are hands-down one of my favorite stamp designers/manufacturers. I cannot get enough of them! 

Till next time my friends…thank you for visiting me! 

Hugs,
Karen

2 comments :

  1. Karen this is a fantastic card! I love it so much! Love the delicate colors!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp! Monday Challange!
    Hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs